Savor the Flavors: Grilled Skirt Steak with Fiery Chimichurri
Get ready for a mouthwatering explosion of flavors with this Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri recipe! This classic South American dish gets a delicious twist with Revolution Barbecue’s Texas Beef BBQ Rub and the addition of Calabrian chilis, which give the chimichurri sauce a unique and fiery kick. The combination of the smoky, savory rub and the tangy, herbaceous sauce creates a perfect harmony of flavors that will have you coming back for more. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for grilling season – whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or just looking for a satisfying weeknight dinner, this dish is sure to impress. So fire up your grill and get ready to indulge in this bold and flavorful steak dish! Recipe by Glenn Connaughton. Read more about Glenn here.
Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Recipe
For the Steak
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Revolution Barbecue Texas Beef BBQ Rub
For the Chimichurri sauce
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped red onion
- 1 Fresno chile seeded
- 2 tablespoons crushed Calabrian chili pepper
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Revolution Barbecue Texas Beef BBQ Rub
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Remove the skirt steak from the fridge 30 minutes before grilling and let it come to room temperature. This will help it cook evenly.
- Rub the skirt steak all over with olive oil and then sprinkle 1/4 cup of Revolution Barbecue Texas Beef BBQ Rub evenly over both sides of the steak, gently patting it into the meat with your fingers. Make sure the steak is evenly coated with the rub, but avoid creating a paste.
- Place the steak on the hot grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. If you prefer your steak more well-done, cook for an additional minute on each side.
- While the steak is cooking, prepare the chimichurri sauce. In a food processor, combine the parsley, cilantro, red onion, Fresno chile, Calabrian chili, garlic cloves, red wine vinegar, lime juice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of Revolution Barbecue Texas Beef BBQ Rub. Pulse until the ingredients are slightly chunky.
- Transfer the chimichurri to a small bowl and stir in the olive oil until fully incorporated. Adding the olive oil last prevents the sauce from being fully pureed and preserves the texture of the ingredients.
- Once the steak is cooked to your desired level, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips. Drizzle the chimichurri sauce over the steak and serve immediately. Enjoy your delicious Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri!