Deliciously Smoky Italian Beef Sliders: A Flavorful Journey
Indulge in our irresistible Smoked Chuck Roast Sliders with Peppers and Onions. Tender chuck roast infused with smoky flavors takes center stage in this recipe, complemented by julienned onions and bell peppers for a burst of color and texture.
Prepare your smoker with mesquite wood for that authentic smoky essence. Apply our flavorful Revolution Barbecue Texas Beef BBQ Rub and Kansas City BBQ Rub to the chuck roast, along with Worcestershire sauce for added savory notes.
After three hours in the smoker, transfer the roast to a foil steam tray with onions, bell peppers, beef broth, and a surprise ingredient—Dr. Pepper. Seal the tray and return it to the smoker for three more hours, allowing the flavors to meld and the meat to become tender.
Once rested, shred the meat and combine it with peppers and onions. Serve on sliced slider buns, optionally topped with Chicago-style sport peppers or prepared horseradish sauce for an extra kick.
Get ready to savor the tantalizing blend of smoky, tender, and flavorful goodness in each bite of these Smoked Chuck Roast Sliders with Peppers and Onions. Perfect for barbecues or a delightful meal, this recipe promises to impress with its mouthwatering flavors. Fire up the smoker, gather your ingredients, and embark on a culinary journey that will leave your taste buds craving more.
Recipe by Glenn Connaughton. Read more about Glenn here.
Shredded Italian Beef Sliders with Onions and Peppers
- Smoker with mesquite wood
- 1 Full size deep foil steam tray
- 8 pounds chuck roast 4 x 2lb pieces
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 12 oz can Dr. Pepper
- 3 White Onions julienned
- 3 Colored Bell Peppers julienned
- 4 tablespoons Revolution Barbecue Texas Beef BBQ Rub
- 4 tablespoons Revolution Barbecue Kansas City BBQ Rub
- 8 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Slider Buns
- Chicago style sport peppers optional
- Prepared horseradish sauce optional
- Preheat smoker to 250 degrees
- Apply roughly 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce per side on the chuck roast. Liberally rub down the beef with the Kansas City BBQ rub and then with the Texas Beef BBQ rub.
- Place the roasts on the smoker and allow to cook for 3 hours.
- Place the onions, peppers, stock, and Dr. Pepper into the full size foil steam tray
- Remove the chuck steak from the smoker and place in the steam tray. Carefully press the roasts down until they are half way covered in the liquid. Seal the top of the steam tray with heavy duty aluminum foil creating a tight seal. Return tot he smoker.
- After 1 1/2 hours carefully remove the foil and flip the meat over, being sure to submerge the meat into the liquid at least half way. Reseal the steam tray with foil and return to the smoker.
- After another 1 1/2 hours, carefully remove the foil and check to see if the meat can be easily apart. Once the meat is tender, reseal the steam tray and remove from the smoker. Allow to rest for one hour.
- Using heat resistant gloves or tongs, remove the meat from the steam tray and shred on to a serving tray. Discard any fat or silver skin that has not fully rendered down. Top the meat with peppers and onions and toss until fully incorporated.
- Serve on a sliced slider bun with the optional toppings and enjoy!