Delicious Polidori Perfect Meatballs: A blend of sausage & spices for savory indulgence!
Indulge in the rich heritage of Polidori Sausage with our delectable recipe for Perfect Meatballs. Blending savory Polidori hot Italian sausage, premium beef, and aromatic spices, these meatballs are a celebration of flavor and tradition. Infused with a panko panade for unparalleled moisture and tenderness, each bite is a savory symphony of taste. Join us in savoring this culinary homage to Polidori’s legacy—a timeless recipe that embodies homemade comfort and authentic Italian flavors.
This recipe utilizes a French culinary technique called a panade which will result in the moistest meatballs you will ever eat. A panade, in its simplest form, is a mixture of starch and liquid used in cooking to add moisture, texture, and binding properties to various dishes. When making meatballs, a panade made with panko breadcrumbs and whole milk serves as a crucial ingredient for creating moist, tender, and flavorful meatballs. Recipe by Glenn Connaughton. Read about Glenn here.
Polidori Sausage Perfect Meatballs
For the Panade:
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20 blend
- 1 pound Polidori brand hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 cup Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 cup sweet or white onion grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Prepare the Panade:
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of panko bread crumbs with 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- Mix gently until the breadcrumbs are evenly moistened. Allow the mixture to rest for a few minutes to let the breadcrumbs absorb the milk fully.
Prepare the Meatball Mixture:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, Polidori hot Italian sausage (removed from casings), minced garlic, eggs, freshly grated Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses, Italian seasoning, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, Kosher salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the prepared panade mixture (breadcrumb and milk mixture) into the bowl with the meatball ingredients.
- Mix and Shape Meatballs. Using your hands or a spoon, gently mix all the ingredients until well combined, ensuring the panade is evenly distributed throughout the meat mixture.
- Use a 2-ounce scooper or your hands to portion out the meat mixture and roll it into meatballs, shaping them evenly.
- Place the meatballs on a foil-lined half sheet tray (18×13 baking sheet), leaving a bit of space between each meatball to allow for even cooking.
- Bake the Meatballs. Place the tray of shaped meatballs into the preheated oven.
- Bake at 425°F (218°C) for 10-12 minutes or until the meatballs are fully cooked through and nicely browned on the outside.
- Once cooked, remove the meatballs from the oven. Serve the delicious, moist, and flavorful Polidori Sausage Perfect Meatballs on their own as appetizers, with pasta, in sandwiches, or however you prefer!