Savory Delight: Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes
Delight in the ultimate appetizer, “Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes” – a mesmerizing fusion of smoky bacon and tender sweetness. In just 45 minutes, you’ll create a symphony of flavors that’ll captivate your taste buds.
Peel and cut sweet potatoes into bite-sized cubes, tossing them in melted butter, warm cinnamon, and a tantalizing blend of North Carolina rub. With paprika, chili powder, garlic, onion, and cayenne, the rub infuses the sweet potatoes with a harmonious balance of smoky, savory, and mildly spicy notes.
Each cube is then lovingly wrapped in savory bacon, secured with toothpicks for a perfect marriage of tastes in every bite. The North Carolina rub, enhanced by molasses, cane sugar, and a touch of mustard powder and black pepper, ensures an unforgettable culinary experience.
While cherry or apple wood smoke in a smoker adds complexity, grilling or baking in the oven yields equally tantalizing results. A sprinkle of brown sugar provides a caramelized glaze, enhancing the already alluring flavors.
The final masterpiece boasts crisp bacon embracing luscious sweet potatoes. With the enchanting balance of smoky and sweet, each bite is a journey of delectable sensations.
Perfect for any gathering, these bacon-wrapped delights will impress your guests and leave them craving more. Embrace the art of flavor fusion and culinary ingenuity with “Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes” – a surefire hit at any occasion. Recipe by Glenn Connaughton. Read more about Glenn here.
Bacon Wrapped Sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Revolution Barbecue North Carolina BBQ Rub divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large sweet potatoes or 3 medium peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound thin cut bacon strips cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat your grill/smoker to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Melt the butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Mix in 1 teaspoon of the North Carolina Rub and cinnamon.
- Add the sweet potato cubes and toss until evenly coated.
- Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each potato cube and fasten with a toothpick. Place all the wrapped potatoes onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and remaining BBQ Rub.
- Grill for 35-40 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the potatoes are tender.