Music City’s Sizzle: Nashville Hot Fish Tacos
Our Nashville Hot Fish Tacos recipe was born out of a creative quest during Lent, looking for something special to also add to our “Meatless Monday” collection. As passionate pitmasters, we wanted to craft a dish that would excite the palate while honoring our commitment to meat-free days. Drawing inspiration from our beloved Revolution Barbecue Nashville Hot Rub, we decided to give a fiery twist to a seafood favorite. The result? A tantalizing fusion of spicy and fresh flavors, perfect for those who love a bit of heat with their seafood. This recipe is a testament to our love for experimenting and adapting, bringing the bold spirit of Nashville right to your plate. Recipe by Glenn Connaughton. Read more about Glenn here.
Nashville Hot Grilled Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled and diced
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 1-2 jalapeños seeds and membrane removed, finely diced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Fish:
- 1½ pounds cod fillet
- 1½ tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Revolution Barbecue Nashville Hot Chicken Rub
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas
Preparation of Mango Salsa:
- In a medium bowl, combine diced mangoes, red onion, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, and kosher salt. Mix well and set aside.
Marinating the Fish:
- Place the cod fillet in a gallon-sized zip-top bag.
- Add neutral oil, honey, and Nashville Hot Chicken Rub to the bag.
- Seal the bag and gently massage the fish to ensure it’s evenly coated with the marinade.
Grilling the Fish:
- Preheat your grill to 450°F (232°C).
- Carefully place the marinated fish on the grill.
- Grill the fish for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side. The duration may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets. The fish is done when it’s opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Flip the fish carefully to avoid breaking.
Preparing the Tortillas:
- After removing the fish from the grill and allowing it to rest, place tortillas on the grill.
- Heat them until they are pliable and show grill marks.
Assembling the Tacos:
- Cut the grilled fish into 1½-inch pieces.
- Distribute the fish evenly among the grilled tortillas.
- Top each taco with a generous amount of mango salsa.